Mobile Tattooist & The Law

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by caddy2020
  • Latest reply from drcrippen324

No tags yet.

1. User has not uploaded an avatar

caddy2020

Hi everyone,

I am looking into taking up tattooing but want to make sure i go about it the right way, so before i even think about buying any equipment etc i want to get all my facts right about which guns to use and how to be legal etc, im not looking to open a shop, merely just to do it as a mobile tattooist in my spare time. will i still need a license if i were to be going to other peoples houses?

Im very health conscious and wouldnt even think about risking anyones health so i think best prepared is the way to go! Also, i have tried looking into insurance but cant seem to find any? can anyone give me any advice please as to how much it would cost me roughly and who would be best to try?

Thanks for your help! xxx

"Two Wrongs Dont Make A Right, But Three Rights Make a Left!" Cosmo - Fairly Odd Parents
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. reloaded

reloaded

i have no idea about the law but ive never heard of a mobile tattoo artist so to me its proberly breaking the law and how clean is some ones house free of germs etc may look clean but every day living without the proper cleaning needed id say your looking for trouble m8

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. reloaded

reloaded

well ive looked it to it alittle more and found this, your be amazed

http://smoothfx.com/Mobile_unit/mobile.html

this guys in the uk and says hes fully licensed Mobile Tattoo artist (maybe im wrong or maybe hes lying about the license)
    http://liquid-ink.co.uk/index.html

and another im shocked

http://www.aboutta2s.com/

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. JimJim

JimJim

Don't know about the legalities of it all, but most of the hygiene issues are regarding blood and the fact that thousands of people go into tattoo studios, and bleed all over the place. Someone's living room may be a bit dusty, but free of blood borne diseases, so possibly safer then your average tattoo shop? Probably safer than the local hospital with MRSA etc.

Think I'm gonna regret saying that......

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin C

A few months back I looked into the possibility of going mobile, the laws in Scotland are fickle at the best of times, but for this they where very straight forward. Mobile tattooing can only take place in a suitably modified vehicle that meets the same standards as a shop. There are various bylaws that the tattooist must also meet, but at the end of the day you could be a mobile tattooist if you meet all the rules.

Will dig out the full document a post it up, might be different in your area but at least you will have some info to put up your argument with the local authorities.

Martin C

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

drcrippen324

from alot of what iv read you have to be licensed as mobile in england if you want to go and work conventions ect the advice iv read is license your premises and yourself to be mobile if you want to work at convensions

could be old advice though as iv been reading lots from everywhere

My Rice Crispys told me to do it
    Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.