Email SALES LINE:  0844  335  0788     Items     View Cart   Checkout

Tattoo Shop Forum

Register to view this forum

The Tattoo Shop - UK Tattoo Forum » General Chat

Ink thickness?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ubuntu

Hi, Wondering if anyone can give me any advice on ink? My gear should be here in the next couple of days and I'm wondering which way to go with ink as in thin or thicker? I'm totally new to tattooing and would like to know which would be the best for a beginner on practice skin and fruit etc. Thanks in advance any info is well appreciated.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. YOGI

YOGI

hi ubuntu.inks vary.some are thicker than others according to their brand name.doesnt mean they are better or worse than any other.opinions vary on the best brands of ink but in time u will find what suits u best.i find that i now stick with certain colours from different brands and u may well find the same.hope this helps a bit.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ubuntu

Cheers for that Yogi appreciate it mate. What seems easier to work with? as in getting it into the area you want, thick or thin ink?

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. YOGI

YOGI

hi ubuntu.practicing ur technique with the shading machine will determine how the ink penetrates the skin.try not to get to hung up on the thickness of different inks.my advice would be to invest in some Iron Butterfly ink from this site and a good quality outline ink(kuro sumi}and take it from there.happy tatting mate.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ubuntu

Thanks Yogi, I've got some unbranded ink from the USA thats been lying around for years which will be OK for practice skin and the kit thats on its way comes with some unbranded stuff which I wont be putting in me cos it'll probably be Hamerite. So I'll def order the Sumi & iron butterfly. Cheers for the advice mate.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.