Tattoo Shop Forum

Register to view this forum

The Tattoo Shop - UK Tattoo Forum » General Chat

Tattooing at home

(10 posts)

No tags yet.

1. User has not uploaded an avatar

svstar007

What do u need to register and be all legal to do tattoing from home ?

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

drcrippen324

the list unfortunatly is long and distinguished depending on your local council and also weather you local council will register a home studio some councils are fine and all they look for is clinical waste disposal a room with running water sealed floor and walls that is set aside for the sole purpus of tattooing and no other use with your basic higiyne knowledge

some wont allow home studios at all

and some want 12 months "salon" expiriance with a portfolio and refrence to prove your expiriance

My Rice Crispys told me to do it
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alex_corleone

You also need planning permission for change of use

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

drcrippen324

darn for home studio oyu need change of use !!!!! i suppose it depends on weather you are classing it as a hobby or buisness hobby should be fine buisness then yeh your changing part of the premises use for buisness purpases and you gonna get bent for council tax ect

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. arj

arj

svstar007 when i worked in a shop you get all walks of life comming in some are aggresive drunk drugged up of course you get nice customers also your not suppose to tattoo them but working for a guy that thinks money is more important than his shop you have to tattoo these people . i personaly would rather tell them to piss off . but then imagin opening your house to these people . i don't tattoo everyday because i choose the people i tattoo even telling a customer to say a shop done his work so i don't have his mates wanting work at my house . ive been quite lucky so far with customers.but then again my house is not open to every one and nothings been nicked lol

alan south wales
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. JimJim

JimJim

Don't think you can work from home legally. As far as customers go you can work from home for friends and family but like arj says, once it comes to strangers you're taking a risk letting all sorts in. I'm at the point now where more people are asking for me to do work but I don't want strangers knocking around my place and I don't want them telling the local shops where I live.

I just have to accept I'm going to be limited on who I can tattoo. Not sure what the law is on being mobile? If you can tattoo in your living room or kitchen you can do it in someone else's? No one has ever bled there (hopefully?) so clean as far as blood goes I guess? Probably still won't be legal but it gets you away from your house and opens up a wider customer base. You see the guys from miami ink etc tattooing people in their offices etc?

Dunno, just a thought.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

petethemeat

no jim ya right! i've been asked to tattoo from a mate of a mate and so on, but i said let me come round and talk thou a desgin whilst i'm there check out there kitchen and where i could do there tattoo, i tell them that i'm gonna bleech down the whole area before i start or use Trigene Concentrated Disinfectant Spray , also get them to sign the Disclaimer and tell them that you use disposable needles and show them the drill also the deal that it maybe illegal what were doing so they know the deal and then its up to them to go on.

does anyone agree.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

svstar007

Hi Guys thanks for your advice Iam only after finding out I dont want to open up as a proper business just wanted to find out what i need to do as Iam only doing tattoos at home for now on family while i am still learning and iam at uni. I will got alot of experience tattooing while i do my uni course(nursing) then at the end of it i will choose and know if i definetly want to go on with tattooing or nursing. I just dont want to be doing it at home then get done for something i havent got eg licence, certificate etc

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. JimJim

JimJim

I think the legal loophole is, if you're not charging and it's an agreement between family and friends you're OK. As soon as you start charging they've got you by the nuts. So don't charge, accept "a couple of quid to cover ink and needles" nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Just keep a low profile and keep it clean.

If the local shops find out you're working from home they my report you. If you tattoo someone you don't know and they're not happy with the result they may do the same. Other than that you'll be OK so just be careful who you choose to tattoo while you're learning.

In short, fuck 'em, keep tattooing any way you can.

Jim.

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RS2OOO

My council dont allow tattooing at home, wether you do it for free or not. But then i do know a couple of people that are registered in their home, & advertise their business.

Like said above, it depends on you're local council?

An endless journey, into the world of unique & creative tattoo design.
    Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.